December 1, 2008

Snow Means Mess!

So Thanksgiving was great! We stayed home this year and had our friends Jason and Bess from Denver come down. It had all my favorite foods and I ate way to much of course. That night it snowed. By the next day the snow had melted. Yea!!! It snowed again on Friday night, that melted Saturday too!!! That was suppose to be it for a few days, BUT that night after we all had gone to bed it started to snow. It snowed all night and when we got up Sunday morning it had snowed so much there was already at least 5 inches of the White stuff. We went to church anyway. It was snowing so had that they excused us after sacrament to go home. It continued to snow, and snow, and snow. The boys and I decided to go shovel even though it was still snowing, there was about 8 inches by now. We shoveled our drive way and 2 of our neighbors. This is where the mess came ( I know you thought it was the snow) nope it was that the boys and I decided to have a snowball fight. It was a lot of fun until Alex gave Zach a White wash. So I was giving him one back he was getting up when his arm bent to far in. I told him to get up and go inside, what a boob. Well his arm continued to hurt and started to swell. John thought it may be popped out of place and to take him to get it checked. So off we went to the hospital at 7:30 at night, still snowing! They took X-rays, and not out of place but broken. Boy did I feel bad! So now he is in a cast and can't play in the snow for 6 weeks. What a mess!! That is my life though!!!

3 comments:

Luella said...

Oh man! What a way to ruin a perfectly good snowball fight... poor kid! I hope the time goes fast for him. Nothing worse than a kid with a broken bone! Hang in there!

Jenny Kapp said...

Lisa, are you telling me you broke your son's arm? Should I be calling child services??? Oh, that's right, I would have thought Alex was being a baby too! I am sorry that the arm was broken! You have no luck my friend!

Kristie said...

Oh man that sucks. Your kids have the hardest time. I guess just Alex does. I think he takes after his Uncles in being very accident prone.