December 16, 2008

4th Day of Christmas

On the 4th day of Christmas the thing that means so much to me is music. Music has been a big part of my life for a very long time. Growing up in a musical family has been a great thing. When I was in 4th grade we did an operetta at school. I got a good part where I had to sing a solo. I think that started my confidence in singing. I then sang though out the rest of my schooling years. I have so many memories of singing with my sisters around the piano. Growing up I loved laying on the couch and listening to my Mom or Heather play the piano, it made me feel calm and relaxed. I love listening to my Dad sing, he has a beautiful voice. When I still lived in Utah we, my Dad and I, joined the Wasatch Chorale together. It was like going on a Daddy Daughter Date every week. It will be some thing I will Cherish forever. Another memory of music I will always remember is singing at church at Christmas time. We were always the do-wop girls for my Dad, but one year we sang with my Mom. We go up there and started to sing and something happened and we all started to laugh. So we started over again, and we started to laugh again. We started over yet again, and we were all laughing so hard my Mom finally just said " Merry Christmas" and we all just sat down. When my mood is not so good I can turn on music and change it. I use music to motivate my self and my kids to keep going on the task at hand. I really use music a lot in my life. I am grateful to have the gift of singing. Not only to use it to help my life, but to enrich others lives as well.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I still dont think it was very funny when we laughed instead of sang. I think that is one reason I dont sing that much. Im really liking all your posts, they are fun and gives a different view of you.