December 18, 2008

6th Day of Christmas


On the 6th Day of Christmas the thing that means so much to me is nature/camping. I have always loved going camping with my family. We always went camping every summer, and I loved every minute of it. I like being away from everything. It seemed like when we are camping we all got along. We kind of didn't have a choice since we were all had, but it gave us a chance to slow down and spend good quality time together. I love how peaceful it is. It is so quiet, I always feel like I can think more clearly out in nature. I have so many memories good camping. My favorite place to camp have been: Capital Reef- all the deer coming down in the evening right to the camp sights, the red rocks surrounding you, and going to the camp fireside the rangers put on. Calf Creek- the river/stream runs right through the camp sight, the hike to the waterfall, sliding down the rock at the waterfall. Arches- red rock, arches all over. I think that was the first place John came camping with my family. John is deathly afraid of heights, on our way to the great arch it has a really big drop off. John freaks out and runs as fast as he can to the opening, sit between big boulders and clings to it like his life depended on it. It was so funny! What great adventures we had camping. The mountains are so beautiful. when we lived in Iowa it just wasn't the same to go camping, flat, hot, humid and no place to hike. My kids said that we couldn't go camping if there were no mountains, so when we moved to the Springs and there were mountains they said "we can go camping again!" I am so grateful to that mountain and nature were created and that I can enjoy them so freely. I am grateful to my parents for taking us camping all those years, and still do!

No comments: