March 7, 2009

Rifle Guard





For the Blue and Gold banquet, for scouts, the rifle Guard from the Air force Academy came to perform. It was one of the neatest things I have seem in quite a while. The rifles are real, just out of commission, they have real bayonets on the end. The rifles weigh 13 lbs. They flipped, and twirled, and threw them in the air, and back and forth to each other. They will be competing in a national competition in a few weeks. It was quite the night! I had to make 20 lbs of sloppy-joe's, that's 3 large crock-pots full. I don't think that I will be able to make sloppy-joe's for a very, very long tome! What a night!

3 comments:

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

What a neat idea to have the air force come. I bet that blue and gold banquet will go down in history as the "best ever"!

Jenny Kapp said...

I bet the kids loved it too! Fun for you for making so much sloppy joes!!

Shad and Laura said...

That sounds so cool- I bet the kids loved it. And so much for all those gun-safety lessons! I love that the boys pooled their money for the ipod- it makes parenting worth it when they join forces for something positive! We went to LA a few years ago and my kids pooled their money to buy a pirated DVD from a wacko on a street corner. I couldn't say no because it was so awesome that they were working together.