May 1, 2009

Thank You Mr. Dewey!!!!

Alex Decided to honor his 5th grade teacher Mr. Dewey for inspiring him through out the year. Mr. Dewey is one of those teacher you always remember and praise though out your life. He has taken Alex and helped his become a great student and an even better person. He has helped Alex learn great study habits and work ethic to help him in his transition to Jr High. Yes Alex is going to be in Jr. High next year, I just registered him. I can't believe that he is old enough to go to Jr High. That makes me feel really old and I'm not that old. I guess that's what happens when you have your kids young. Any way here you go enjoy the pictures.

Alex before any cutting.

Here goes the first cut!
And there it goes.



Jordan thinks Alex looks like Grandpa:)




Going, Going, Gone.








Bozo the Clown







Now for the shaving.





I don't
know about this?!?!?!




Almost done.








Done all gone.









This is Mr. Dewey and Alex.









Alex and his friend Luke, who also shaved his head for Mr. Dewey, And Mr. Dewey.

Mr. Dewey was very surprised and very honored that they would do this for him. What a great teacher and a great kid!







7 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! That is one shiney crome dome. Al you'll have to go outside for a while to tan your white head it looks funny being so white. We actually like it better than the girly hair you used to have.

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

He actually looks really good bald. I bet made his teacher feel really great. What a neat thing.

Heather said...

I'm glad none of my students have to shave their heads like me. Although there are some students I would like to see with their head shaved.
Sorry Lisa, but you are getting old! Just like the rest of us!

momma Mare said...

Alex must have a great teacher to shave his head. I bet Mr. Dewey will never forget him. Only special students say thanks to their teachers and this wasn't just a little thanks. I love my grandkids!

Jenny Kapp said...

Very nice! Elise thought his hair looked horrible so long anyways! Nice tribute!

drpalaska said...

Forget the hair- did anyone else see Andy Jr? I pulled up the first picture and had to look again at what exactly I was looking at. Hooboy- Lisa you are in trouble deep!

Kendra_ said...

that is so awesome that they did that! If I was Mr. Dewey I'd be at a loss for words!! So cool!! Can't believe he's getting that big!!